The following notes are scribbled on unrefined paper-bark
Case Notes #000453
- Body found at Eastern sewer gate of Dawn
- Human Male
- Red hair, blue eyes
- Short stature, broad nose. Possible dwarven lineage.
- No signet ring, but indent on wrist suggests signet band from one of the crafting guilds
- Heavy knife impact to chest.
- Wound bends internally, suggesting weapon was made of soft or inferior material.
- Eyes missing.
- Violent yet shallow scratching in eye sockets, suggested apparatus, human hands or similar under stress.
- Body found face down by Dawn local wildlife.
- Turned over by humanoid scavengers.
- Side note: Cats, rarely remember things that don’t pertain to themselves. Dogs, rarely remember things, will make them up just to please you. Stick with cats for investigations more than day old.
- Tattoo pattern on chest carved to hold blood from wound.
- Clothed in rags similar to sewer vagrants. Hands are soft, fingernails kept short. Engineer, tinkerer or artisan.
- Followed body trail up sewers
- Sewer rats scared by large group of larger animals previous night
- Sewer crocs forced away from large meal by larger meal
- Vagrants saw torch light, heard minimum of 5 voices, armour glints visible
- Trail ends at warded sewer gates to Palace walls, entrance monitored by High Enforcers
- Blood trail tracked was flakes, blood was dry before body was moved.
- Official Response
- More effort to cover this one up in local enforcement branch. Old contacts are tight lipped.
- Official statement claims victim fell on sewer grate and eyes were pecked out by birds when surfaced.
- In other credible news I’m also the High Priest of Fenris Kul, bow to me mortals…
- Similar to previous case #399, wound was in the back, but same vicinity to heart, similar tattoo scarring. Case shut down as I was dismissed by High Enforcers.
Scribbled on the back is a short note
Not much to go on for now my friend, I will investigate further upon my return. May the winds favour your journey.